
Well, Darby owed me one so she tagged me with Sam's latest brainstorm. Sam started a meme asking everyone to spill the beans about the contents of their diaper bag/purse. Let me give you all some basic info: 1) I don't carry a purse just a diaper bag. I have a one year old to lug around. That's enough weight and about all the bulging discs in my neck can handle. 2) I have a boy. 'Nuff said. 3) I like to be prepared when the boy decides to either get messy or wants to actually eat for a change. (The eating thing is a whole different story. I'll explain later.)
I carry the lovely Vera Bradley diaper bag that is pictured. My niece, Libby, gave it to me as a shower gift. It's large and holds a ton of stuff. And, I love it!! (Mark calls it the "Watermelon" and would rather die than be seen carrying it. So when he is home, I carry it and he carries Ian.) So here is a listing of the contents of my diaper bag:
1) 3-4 Huggies Diapers (I have a boy remember.)
2) A bunch of wipes (Again, I have a boy.)
3) A changing pad
4) A disposable changing pad (Again, boy)
5) A small bag of meds (Gas Relief drops, Tylenol, Baby Orajel swabs, Butt Paste, Baby Powder)
6) 2 changes of clothing (Messy boy loves dirt.)
7) Camera
8) 2 AA batteries. (Yes Senja, I carry extra batteries too.)
9) A juice box
10) A small container of snack crackers. (The Ian blend: Cheerios, Goldfish and oyster crackers)
11) A pacifier on a clip and a spare.
12) A small bottle of water to mix with Ian's formula
13) A bottle with formula pre-measured.
14) Tide pen (Remember messy boy. He likes to hug me with messy hands and face. Sometimes I am not fast enough to clean him off before he 'gets' me.)
15) Bag of Ian size spoons.
16) Small First Aid kit including 2 insect repellant wipes and sunscreen
17) A bag of small bags for messy clothes, smelly diapers, etc.
18) Tissues
19) Antibacterial wipes to clean the table, chair, hands, etc.
20) A small bottle of Purell for my hands
21) Sippy cup of water
22) A container of Del Monte fruit (Usually diced pears)
23) Ian's bib
24) A rubber mat to put on highchairs to keep 'little butt' from sliding around.
25) Plastic keys and a small plastic mirror to keep Ian entertained
26) Ian's tab/tag lovey blanket
27) Ian's sunglasses
27) My things: wallet, cell phone, sunglasses, chapstick, small bottle of Benadryl, a pen and small pad of paper
In my car at all times, besides the car seat obviously: a sweatshirt for Ian, a sweatshirt for me, a stroller and a blanket for impromtu picnics. And usually, I have a spare pacifier and toy in there too.
Before any of you say it: WOW, THAT'S A LOT OF STUFF! I told you I like to be prepared and my bag holds a lot of stuff. Just imagine what I had in there when Ian was eating baby food. Better yet, think about when I travel with him to meet Mark in FL.
I am not going to tag anyone else. But, I would like to see Chrissy, Bridget and Katie play along. (I am hoping that someone will actually admit to carrying more stuff than I do!)
3 comments:
You go girl!! Love the bag, I have the same one only its blue and brown (actually called Java Blue)
And Heather you are very right it carries alot of stuff...
I am beginning to think I need more things looking over your list...
Darb
OK ya'll, check out my blog for the list of stuff that is in my bag. I am carrying way less that I did with Jake. There is a big difference between what you need for a boy and a girl.
Katie
Please tell me you don't pump out jumbo slushies and sell lottery tickets to minors. YOU ARE A WALKING 7-11. Geeez girl.
Post a Comment