I took an amazing trip when I was a teenager. There are memories from that trip that will last me for a lifetime. One of the most enduring memories from that trip was meeting Sam's grandmother, Nanny. Nanny passed away yesterday. She was in her 90's and lived an amazing life. She raised children, loved her grandchildren/great-grandchildren and never had an unkind word to say.
I will always remember her sitting on the bench at the pub. I will always remember her sipping on her glass of sherry. (She had one every day. Maybe we all need to learn from that as I am not sure I will ever even see 90!!) I will always remember her beautiful garden of roses (and snails, Sam!). I will always remember being asked what time did I want 'knocked up' in the morning. I will always chuckle at the memory of her asking me if I saw 'my jockey' that day. I will always remember having tea and scones with her. There are so many memories from just that trip.
If you haven't already been there, please go to Sam's site to send her some love. She needs that and your prayers as her parents head off to England.
1 comment:
What a lucky girl, you are, that you got to meet such a wonderful woman,and have such nice memories, Heather.
Post a Comment