Some of you (I won't name names...Sam) have been giving me some grief about the lack of blog posts. My defense is: Life is getting in the way of blogging! So, here are a couple of pics and a short (It turned out to be not that short, sorry!) run down of this crazy thing I like to call a life.
1) Ian has been trying very hard to ride his bike. I think he will have it down in just a couple more days. Mark and I bought him a bike, but he prefers Mark's first bike. Yes, I said "Mark's first bike"! Beth dug it out of the rafters in the garage and Ian just loves it. When you consider that it hasn't been used in about 40 years, it's in pretty good shape. Things were made to last back then. Unlike now, when we find ourselves in a throw away society. (But that's a politic type topic best left for another day.)
1) Ian has been trying very hard to ride his bike. I think he will have it down in just a couple more days. Mark and I bought him a bike, but he prefers Mark's first bike. Yes, I said "Mark's first bike"! Beth dug it out of the rafters in the garage and Ian just loves it. When you consider that it hasn't been used in about 40 years, it's in pretty good shape. Things were made to last back then. Unlike now, when we find ourselves in a throw away society. (But that's a politic type topic best left for another day.)

2) Iam amazed every single day by what Ian manages to absorb. His language skills are amazing! I have become very adept at the language of "2". Some of his words are so hard to understand, but he insists that I do understand. And, some of them are just so darn cute, I hope it never changes. No Not!! (Ian's way of saying no.) When I get some more time, I will try to blog about some of them.
3) Mark's new job has him away from home until November 25th. Ian and I are getting into a routine, but it's hard to be the only parent after having a team approach. I have even less time to get stuff done and now I have to do everything on my own. And, yet part of me is celebrating that he is gone because he really needed to get back into a work routine frame of mind. FYI: He got an international cell phone, so if anyone needs or wants to call him, let me know and I will get you the number. I would however recommend that you get an international pre-paid calling card so that you don't incur high charges from your local carrier.
4) Before he left, we managed to squeeze in a fabulous dinner at Boi Na Braza, a Brazilian Steakhouse. Our friends/neighbors, Jason and Amy, joined us and we had the best time. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time!
5) We also managed to celebrate the 2nd birthday of my very adorable nephew, Anson. My brother and sister-in-law threw a wonderful party and we had a great time visiting with everyone and playing with all the kids. I can hardly believe that he is 2! It seems like yesterday when we were rushing to the hospital for his very early birth. He weighed an incredibly small amount and was so fragile. And today, he is the active, loving, spirited, typical little boy that is the joy of our entire family!
6) The first grading period is over tomorrow. Alex has struggled this first 9 weeks because of his own lack of motivation. He has pulled his grades up with a great deal of effort from both him and me. I am looking forward to the next grading period to see if he learned his lesson. His class takes a trip to Washington D.C. at the end of the school year. Any failing grades means he will not be able to go. I was very afraid that he would fail this first grading period and then, all effort would cease because he had no goal. Fortunately, he has been graced with a fabulous Reading/Language Arts teacher this year. Between his efforts, my nagging and her help, he has pulled everything up. But, we will wait and see what the next period brings...
7) Our local Apple Butter festival was just a couple of weeks ago. I helped during the entire weekend at the baked goods booth set up by our church. We had lovely weather and I enjoyed baking and seeing everyone. However, because I was outside during harvest season, I am still suffering from the allergy attack that started right before the festival. I just love all the dust, etc. that is kicked up into the air this time of year! I think some days that I will drown in my own snot! I know, that's too much info for some of you, but it's how life is right now.
8) For those that don't know, I have an eye condition that I inherited. It is controlled by medication. I saw the doctor yesterday and can again report that nothing has changed in the condition since last year. In fact, there has been no deterioration for the last 5 years or so. However, I have been experiencing terrible migraines with increased frequency over the last couple of months. I discussed this with the doctor and she recommended some medications that won't interfere with my other meds. The eye specialist and I discussed what is causing the increased headaches and she assures me that it's not the eye condition which is what I feared. I was also worried that the headaches could cause the eye condition to worsen, but that fortunately is also not the case. So, what does it all mean? Well, I am looking forward to talking to my other doctor on Tuesday about my options. But, I can tell you that a good part of the problem is because I am getting older and therefore closer to....menopause. Add in other female problems and you have a recipe for a major pain the ass problem. Isn't that just nifty!!! Again, I know that is too much information for some of you and I am sorry. But this is the forum that I have to vent all that is going on in my world!
9) On top of all that, I have been trying to research and decide what I think about the upcoming election. No, I am not going to talk politics. Just know that it is taking up my time, like no other election ever has to date. I feel the need to understand more this time around and I am sure that many of you are feeling the same way. We have some local issues that our lawmakers have made as difficult as possible to understand, not to mention the entire Presidential mess! I will be happy when it's all over and I can have that portion of my time spent on research back in my schedule. It's not like I don't have enough to do already anyway!!
10) Last one, I swear! I am suffering through a raging case of insomnia. Mark's friend, Brian, wondered why I was responding to his emails at 2AM, it's because I can't sleep. I can be at the computer, falling into the keyboard and can't sleep when I immediately take myself to bed. It's really frustrating. It's been going on for over 2 months now. I have suffered through bouts of this before, just never this long. And, before you suggest it: I have tried everything! I am down to the point of either wait it out or get prescription meds. I can go the prescription route, because I am afraid I won't hear Ian in the middle of the night if he needs me.
Well, there you have it. The highlights of a crazy life right now. I will try to do better about posting, I promise!

2 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing. Mamaw tells me a lot, but not this much! Pictures of Ian on the bike are precious. I hope you go ahead and do what is best for your health, I will be GLAD to help in any way I can and I know Mamaw and Papaw will as well as your other friends. Others have gotten through things like this with help, and you really need some relief. OMG November 25th! Mark will be SO GLAD to get home by that time! Let us know if we can help.
Aunt Bonnie
Your life is one great big merry-go-round - with no end in sight. I think you probably have an allergy with sleep apnea - like mother like daughter! Having insomnia all those years made me act just like you. When I finally had anaphalactic shock from an allergy to cats that I did not know I had, I then found out I had sleep apnea. Can you talk to your doctor about having tests for this? You know Dad and I can stay the night and take care of Ian while this is done. You don't have to have anyone take you or bring you home as you get no sedation. I think you should look into this as soon as possible for your own health. It sure would help the baby if he had his fun-loving, adventerous, exciting, dare-devil of a mother back again. I know he must miss her. I miss her too, Love, Oma
Post a Comment