I've had this post rattling around in my brain for a few days. This evening I decided to sit down and type it out before it consumed me. After writing it, I wasn't sure that I wanted to post it for all of you to read. Mark encouraged me to go for it for numerous reasons. So after some soul searching about putting my feelings out for the entire world to see, I decided it was worth sharing. If for nothing else because Ian will be able to read it and know about....
Things I Love
I love the tip of his tiny nose.
I love to kiss the peach fuzz on his soft forehead.
I love his round little cherub cheeks.
I love his perfect little ears and I love to kiss the soft spot just behind them.
I love the smell of baby. That baby powder and soap smell can’t be beat.
I love to blow razzberries on his belly and have him curl up around me as he giggles.
I love his chubby little baby hands.
I love to kiss the palm of the hand that he offers to me each morning during his bottle.
I love his ‘monkey toes,’ the way he curls them and how he lets me kiss them.
I love how ticklish he is all over.
I love to see him get excited about something.
I love his quirky little smile and the giggle that builds into a belly laugh.
I love to tickle him and hear him squeal in delight.
I love to hear him talk and call for his Da.
I love the fat rolls on his little thighs and arms.
I love his little backside and round “Buddha” belly.
I love the fat dimples on the backs of his hands.
I love the fuzzy red blond hair that stands up all over the top of his little head.
I love his long eyelashes and can get lost in the pools of blue that are his eyes.
I love dreaming about what kind of a person he will become.
I love giving him a bath and entering the “Splash Zone”.
I love his beautiful little pout and soft lips.
I love watching him get mad as his bottom lip contorts to flat line just before he cries.
I love to play “Peek-a-Boo” and see the surprise and glee on his face each time.
I love the smile I get when I peek at him from around a corner.
I love watching him play with his toys.
I love seeing him try to figure out how to roll over and crawl.
I love letting him stand on my lap as he is learning to stand then walk.
I love listening to him and his Daddy play.
I love that the sounds of wrestling permeate our home. His wrestling name is “Midget Boy”. His partner is “Fur Dog”. His Daddy is “Big Daddy Man”.
I love being his wrestling foe and experiencing his signature move, the “Puddy Lock”.
I love pulling the “hat trick” by putting his hat over his eyes.
I love giving him a new food and watching him try to figure out if it is worth eating.
I love cleaning up the mess he makes after eating a teething biscuit.
I love brushing his two little teeth and watching for more to appear.
I love the face he makes when I clean his ears.
I love watching him rub the side of his head to try to keep himself awake.
I love watching him sleep and dream.
I love seeing what positions he has gotten himself into while sleeping each night.
I love picking him up first thing in the morning after seeing the biggest smile.
I love that he always wakes up happy and ready to greet the world.
I love wet sloppy kisses all over the side of my face.
I love the hug and snuggle I get whenever I pick him up.
I love the sound and feel of his breath on my neck when he sleeps in my arms.
I love that our lives have been changed so much by him.
I love that having him is more amazing than anything I could have ever envisioned.
I love being his Mom.
7 comments:
Heather,
There are no words for you very moving blog entry. Isn't this all just the best? We can't recall who we were just last year. I love it!
Love,
Chrissy
That is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've read. Thanks for sharing!
Love
Krista
That love is all-consuming, isn't it? Amazing how hard it is to put into words, but you did a pretty good job! He is just beyond adorable.
P.S., a new picture to go along with the words would have been nice--it's been a while!
its unbelievable that they come from you and could possibly make you feel so much. But they are the most precious gift God ever chooses to give each one of us.. Heather thank you for sharing the love you have for him with us...It was beautiful.. Enjoy ever moment...I know I will even more after reading this...
love
darb
Heather is having problems posting comments to her own blog (THANKS TO THE NEW BLOGGER THAT FORCED ITSELF ON HER!) so I am posting this for her. These are Heather's words:
"I removed the comments that my Mom made this post so that I could publish it on its own in the near furture. I believe that posting it on its own will allow it to have the significance that she wanted it to have. Her comments were a personal recollection of my childhood and I wish to share them in their own spotlight. ~ Heather"
so glad you decided to publish it. It is amazing how this little bundles change our lives--for the better!
Post a Comment