I have to keep this short as it is very difficult to type for any period of time. Here is a quick update about my back issues:
I saw both Dr. Africk and Dr. Taha at the beginning of the month after having an MRI. The MRI showed 2 bulging discs in my neck. Both neurosurgeons ordered physical therapy, as little lifting as possible and a return visit. (Little lifting, right! I have an 8 month old child in the house. How in the world am I to do that one? Thank God Mark is home on vacation and has been a huge help!) Dr. Taha also ordered an EMG which was completed yesterday afternoon. The EMG showed carpel tunnel problems in both wrists with muscle loss in the right which is the hand that I have the most trouble/pain in. (Last night was a real nightmare of pain in that hand. I wrapped my wrist to keep it straight and took 2 Darvocet after talking to my personal nurse. Then I went to bed for some drug induced sleep.)
So, I see Dr. Taha on March 5th to see what he recommends in this walking nightmare. The neck is improving with therapy. I have a much greater range of movement and until last night a significant reduction in pain. I think he will suggest surgery on the right wrist and continued therapy for the neck. But, we will see on the 5th.
1 comment:
OUCH! Glad your neck seems to be better, but it's going to be real tricky if you have to have surgery on your hands. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Post a Comment