That's right folks: HE'S WALKING!!!
Meanwhile, Mark and I have spent our time hoping that he would walk, and praying that he wouldn't do it. It's a strange feeling. You want them to do it because it's so exciting to see them grow and discover new things. But, you don't want to see it because it means he is growing up and maybe, doesn't need you so much anymore.
It took me forever to get this picture. Everytime I would step back, he would either sit down or the dog would walk in front of him. He has been taking tenative steps for the past week or so. For the month or so before that, he would walk holding onto your hand. But when he wanted to get somewhere he knew that crawling was faster than that crazy walking stuff. But during the last 2 days, he has really taken off. He does more walking than crawling now. I love it and hate it all at the same time.

7 comments:
I'm crying now. I told you not to wish for him to walk. He is growing up way too fast. This time is so short, but so precious. Now, the only time he will let you hold him is when he wants comforting from one of his booboos or is sick. Can't wait to see him do his thing though, love, Oma
welcome to the world of worry, excitement and joy all at the same time...Its fun to see the move like little boys but at the same time you wonder where the baby you had went.. I am there with you honey, and hope you enjoy every moment of sheer terror watching him discover what the true meaning of monkey is...its a wild but fun ride....snuggle all you can during this fun time...Way to Go Ian....we are rooting for you
Darby and Noah
I can't believe he is walking! It happens so quickly! Hope you are all well!
Love
Krista
It is the first of those moments! The next big one is you want him to talk SO bad . . . then in a flash it changes to does the kid ever shut up! He he he
Hugs to the big boy!
Katie
I could tell last week it was going to be SOON and I pretty much knew how you would feel about it--I kind of feel the same. Lots more wonderful stuff to look forward to though. Take your vitamins and rest when you can (hehehe).
Way to go, Ian!!!! At least it doesn't look like he dislikes touching the grass,,,,like he used to! RUNNING can only be days away, Heather,,,,,,get ready!!
Heather,
Yippie!!!!! Now the fun begins, or should I say, continues. Isn't it just amazing to watch him explore and learn. Enjoy every minute.
Love,
Dave, Chrissy and Anson
Post a Comment