Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day





 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Mine was unconventional, but good. It occurred to Mark and I earlier today that this is the first Valentine's Day that we have not been together in more than 10 years. He always took the month of February for vacation and therefore was home for this Hallmark holiday. It was weird to realize that fact, but we were able to talk for quite some time today and we both had a good day.

Mark went out to dinner with a friend (Jeremy, whom I laughingly named Mark's Valentine!) in UAE and ended up having a great steak feast. Apparently there was a special all you could eat meatfest at the golf course restaurant he frequents while at work. I talked to him and his very full belly after dinner and he was quite pleased with his meatfest luck.

As for me, my day was spent with my two best boys, Alex and Ian. We ran errands, had a fun lunch and even took a rest together. Then this evening we had a little party at the house. The guests included my folks, Sam and Andy, friends Brian and Peggy, and the entire Radloff clan. We ordered pizzas, ate amazing eggrolls (made by Sam!), ate chips and salsa (made by Jenn), enjoyed fruit (thanks Katie), brownies and shortbread cookies (also made by Sam and I am not sharing the rest!!). We talked, shared funny stories, picked on each other, watched movies, wrestled, played hide and seek, tickled the kids, listened to them scream like banshees and drank good wine. Like I said, a great day that could only have been made better by Mark being able to be here. Hopefully, next year....

P.S. Blogger has not let me post all day! I tried earlier, but was only able to do the slide presentation earlier with no text. And now, all the above photos came in as text so it is impossible for me to caption the photos. Frustrating!!!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Anson and I would have come by, had we known. We were in Faiborn all day. Hope you have a a great day.

Chrissy, Dava and Anson

H said...

I'm sorry!! I thought you guys were only in town during lunch time. Next time, just come by and see us!

We hope you all had a great day too!

Sam said...

We had a great time!!!

Christina said...

Oh Lord, don't be sorry! My day didn't go as planned....go figure. Maybe next time!

Love.
C