Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ian Is NOT Getting Married!

I recently put a picture of Mark and I on our wedding day where Ian can see it. He picks it up and asks questions about what is happening in the photo. i.e What are we wearing? Where is it at? What are we doing?

This morning, we had the following conversation:
Ian: What is that? (Pointing to the flowers I am holding in the photo.)
Me: Flowers. When you get married, you carry flowers.
Ian: Oh.
Me: Do you see Daddy's tux? He has a flower on it too.
Ian: Ian no get married.
Me: Why?
Ian: Ian no want to do that.
Me: What don't you want to do?
Ian: Ian no get married.
Me: Well, ok then.

He has told Mark and I a couple of times today that he is not going to get married. Mark, being Mark, told him that was a very good idea. Because if he thinks Mommy tells him no a lot, wait until he has a wife!

I am not sure whether he is objecting to the whole idea of getting married. Or, if he just doesn't want anything to do with the flowers!! I guess time will tell....

No comments: