Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things I Have Learned

 


1) Sometimes you just need to dance in the sun.
2) Life does not go as planned. No matter what you do.
3) Planning your day will always result in it NOT turning out the way it was planned. Once you have a toddler in the mix, your day will rarely go the way you think it will.
4) I have no control over most things. And, I want to control them so it frustrates the hell out of me!
5) God has the control and I have to learn to give up on that one.
6) Your minister will call when it is most inconvenient. It's like they know, isn't it Beth? (Pastor called in the middle of her 40th birthday party. Needless to say, the drinks had been flowing and the discussion he probably overheard involved sex.)
7) Living with a toddler is an exercise in patience and how to hold your laughter. (The flap on the front of the tighty whitey 'underwears' is NOT a pocket. And, laughing about it will only make them repeat it!)
8) We forget the bad or frustrating things in life. The same incompetance and bureaucracy exist everywhere, but we like to forget that we lived through the same crap before. Right, Mark?
9) Friends and family can get you through anything!
10) I am loved by many. I love many and don't tell them that enough. I love all of you and appreciate all that you do everyday. I just don't say it enough.
11) I can't change what people think about me. I have to be content with being happy with myself and not worrying about the rest of it.
12) You can't make everyone happy all the time. I have given up trying and am happier because of it.
13) I try not to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. It unfortunately happens sometimes, but I really try not to.
14) People (usually family) with their actions or inaction can and do hurt my feelings. Sometimes, they don't really seem to care. Sometimes it's because they don't know they did it. Either way, I have to live with it and it may take some time to get over it. Otherwise, please refer to #13 and #12.
15) Telling me to get over something hurtful, does not work. It only upsets/irritates me further. I will get over it when and how I damn well feel like it! If you don't like it, see #12.
16) Having children is the most rewarding and difficult job on the planet. (There are days I wonder if we will live through this! And, there are days that I laugh constantly.)
17) I have lived to the ripe old age of 'almost' 40. Which means I lived through my toddler years and my teenager years. Neither were pretty, but I have experience that they don't have. So, I think statistically I have a better chance of living through them again then they do. MWHAHAHA!!!!
18) Life is short. I want to slide into the afterlife begging for a chance to do it all over again, because it was so much fun! (Hopefully with Sam by my side.)
19) You can't take yourself too seriously. I am happier when I remember to laugh at all the stuff that seems to go wrong in a day/week/month. The hard part is remembering to laugh and not cry!
20) Not everyone shares my feelings or thoughts. I am okay with that and you should be too.

That is all. No, it's not all, but it's the important stuff I know today.

(When I started this list, I only had 3 or 4 things I felt I wanted to say. Now look at it! Talk about taking a brain dump.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sam said...

Nah! I want to slide into the afterlife (with you of course), laughing my butt off and screaming at the top of my lungs "DAMN! THAT WAS FUN!!! Do I smell brimstone?"!!!

Anonymous said...

We all need to live by 11, 12 and 13, and I wish you, Julie and Dave wouldn't go around telling people how old you are--you know what that says about us geezers??? I'm glad you have such a good friend that you feel so strongly about, I'm sure it makes life easier. Has the light gone on yet about what that pocket is really for? hahaha I think you missed a good "America's Funniest Videos" opportunity! You're a great citizen and mom, we're so proud of all "our" kids!

Krista B. said...

What a great list! The tighty-whitey pocket thing really had me laughing - I guess that is a joy we'll never know - but fights over curling irons - now that is in our future!