Ian has some sayings and phrases that just crack us up!
1) No yet. As in: Ian are you finished eating/pottying, etc? No yet Mama.
2) No not. Apparently NO is just not good enough. This one usually comes out with great passion.
3) My ownself. This one is fairly new this week and really kills me. He is trying to be so independent and this is his mantra/declaration for the whole world to deal with. He is so very happy when he does something (climbing on the kitchen bar stools, putting chapstick on, taking off his clothes, etc.) and is able to tell me: I do it my ownself!
4) Ian done napping. (Before he even starts! I don't think so. Mommy needs Ian to take that nap!)
5) Sure! If you ask him to do something, he usually replies with sure. Whether he actually does it or not is a whole other matter. And for the record, sure is drawn out with a southern accent!
6) He also likes to answer his own questions. For example: Ian have Ian pop? (Ian pop is an Icee as he has never had soda/pop.) He then answers: Yes! with a smile that I am sure he is convinced you can't resist.
7) Careful guys! He tells us this whenever he thinks we need to slow down or do something else. He also tells himself this when he is walking on the BACK OF THE COUCH!! (Just prior to one of us either grabbing him or telling him to get down!)
8) And the one that I am responsible for: Suck Buttercup!! Mark, Ian and I talk thru Skype when Mark is at work which means we are on a speakerphone connection on the computer. A month or so ago, Mark was complaining about something and I told him my current favorite phrase: Suck it up buttercup! (Think about it. It's a really good phrase that fits most situations.) Anyway, Ian proceeded to say: Yeah Daddy, suck buttercup! So now anytime someone (usually Alex) is complaining, Ian tells them to suck buttercup.
9) Ian take him down! This is Ian's response to Mark telling him they are going to wrestle. Last week we were in Skyline and Ian proceeded to tell some military guys coming in the door that he was going to take them down! FYI: That was the second time that week we were in Skyline! Ian loves it, because he says there are 'Hot Chicks' there! (Sam and I are working on changing that to 'Ladies', but with Mark's bad influence, it's not working very well.)
10) By the way Ian pronounces his name "Eeenn".
We thought of 2 more while at dinner this evening.
11) Underwears He wants to wear underwear's'. It's always plural for some reason and very cute.
12) Luffly dinner Whenever someone cooks dinner, he tells them 'luffly dinner'. I asked him to tell Amy thank you for a lovely dinner one time several months ago and it stuck. So now I hear it even when I just make toast.
No comments:
Post a Comment