Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ian's Favorite Food

Can anyone guess Ian's favorite food?
It is also one of my favs.
He and I eat it just about every day.
I bet Aunt Bonnie knows what it is....
Ian trying to decide whether or not he will show you his favorite food.

Still thinking about it...

Here's a small hint.... It's red.
Okay, I'll show you
It's WATERMELON!!!

All I did was ask him to show me what was in his mouth. I took about 12 pictures of him being silly until I got this last shot. I just knew that you would all like to see his chewed up watermelon and probably his tonsils if you look closely! What fun!!!
One of my best childhood memories, was sitting on Grandma Monica's front step and spitting watermelon seeds into the road. My cousin, Julie, and I would have a contest to see how far we could spit the seeds. It's too bad that the step is gone and it's hard to find a watermelon with seeds. I will have to find one with seeds so that I can teach Ian this very valuable life lesson. I think I will wait until he is a bit bigger though...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Christina said...

Heather,

How stinking cute! Dave and I were just talking about this very same thing yesterday.....watermelon and how much we loved it as kids and what fun it was. Can't wait for the spitting contests with Ian and Anson! Dave still can't smell an orange without thinking about your grandmother Bertram......

Love,

Chrissy and Dave

H said...

Isn't it strange how we associate smells with certain people?

I'm with Dave. I can't smell an orange without thinking about Grandma Monica. She always had those sugar coated orange candies. (The ones shaped like orange wedges.) We always got one from the dish in the top of the china cabinet when we visited. I have not eaten one since she died.

I also can't smell the Moonlight Path candles at Bath and Body Works without thinking about Grandma Bertram. She never used them, but they smell exactly like she used to. Not long after she died, I went in there and stuck my nose in one. I left the store in tears.

Smell is a very powerful thing. And memories are so closely tied to it.

Anonymous said...

Such adorable pictures, Heather! We love watermelon in our house, too, and there are plenty of watermelons, with seeds, here in Florida.I do prefer the seedless ones, tho. The seeds drive me nuts! I wouldn't be any fun at all; would I?
I totally agree with the comment about smells evoking wonderful memories!

Anonymous said...

I like to smell the last suit Grandma Bertram wore before she took so ill. It hangs in her closet still and smells just like her Chloe perfume. Love, Oma

Anonymous said...

Just have to add a P.S. to the last pix. If you blow it up real big, you can see a little yellow bat in Ian's left nostril, HA HA HA Love, Oma

Anonymous said...

Watermelon and corn on the cob, can't get much better than that! Too bad about the seeds though--I remember them actually sprouting in Mom's yard! Now that Ian is walking, how is the potty training going (hahaha)? See, more good things ARE coming!