Hehehehe! Sometimes, you just have to laugh at your child's ability or inability to say new words. Actually, Ian has a pretty large range of words and for the most part he pronounces things correctly. In other words, even though he is only 20 months old, (OMG! how did he get to 20 months already!?!) you can understand what he is saying.
So, while he and I were enjoying our breakfast the other day, he came out with a real gem! He was eating french toast. (Read: I was trying to get him to eat french toast since he will hardly eat anything that involves bread of any sort. Which is good because he isn't into carbs, but is maddening when you are trying to feed him.) Sorry, I digress. I was having some cereal. He began pointing at his 'snack' basket on the counter next to us. His basket is filled with crackers, raisins, Nilla Wafers, Cheerios, etc. Anyway, when I refused to just give him the basket to search thru and forced him to use a word to tell me what he wanted, I got a word that's for sure. Well, in "Ian speak" fish (as in Goldfish crackers) sounds amazingly like.....bitch!! Hehehehehe!!!! He kept repeating it until I stopped laughing, picked myself up of the floor, called Grandma and gave him the 'bitch'.
Unfortunately, by the end of the day I had him repeat it enough that it was coming out a little closer to sounding like fish. Bummer.
2 comments:
Jake's funny word was duck, use your imagination on what it sounded like. Now picture this . . . being around the mall in the summer with a child yelling duck each time he spots one.
Oh my! Too funny, did you get it on video? Hope you all are great!
Love
Krista
Post a Comment